WellSpan Hospitals offer a wide variety of four-week elective rotations. WellSpan York Hospital offers rotations in several specialties. WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital offers 4th year elective rotations in Family Medicine; WellSpan Summit (WellSpan Chambersburg Hospital and WellSpan Waynesboro Hospital) offer rotations as noted below. We do not offer two-week or split rotations, observerships or shadowing.
Medical student training at WellSpan Hospitals and clinical locations offers all the benefits of learning within a large integrated health system. Our hospitals boast clinical expertise in many areas, including stroke care, cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, trauma, obstetrics and neonatology, advanced surgical treatments, oncology, and behavioral health.
Rotations or externships at WellSpan Hospitals and other WellSpan sites are available only to students of an accredited U.S. medical school. We utilize a standard Wellspan Health version of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Uniform Clinical Training Affiliation Agreement.
Students who are not from Drexel University College of Medicine, Penn State College of Medicine, or Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University will need to have their medical school utilize this WellSpan agreement.
You may request a rotation from the following:
- Emergency Medicine AI (offered July through March, fourth-year students only; April through June, third-year and fourth-year students)
- Emergency Medicine Ultrasound (offered to fourth-year students)
- Family Medicine Elective - WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital
- Family Medicine AI (offered to fourth-year students)
- Family Medicine Inpatient
- Family Medicine Inpatient & Outpatient
- Family Medicine Outpatient
- Sports Medicine Primary Care (offered to fourth-year students)
Internal Medicine (sub-specialties offered to fourth-year students)
Obstetrics/Gynecology (CV, USMLE scores, application form required)
- Obstetrics/Gynecology AI (offered to fourth-year students; not available in July)
- Orthopedic Surgery (COMLEX Score of 600 and/or USMLE of 230 required: offered July through December, fourth-year students only. January through June: open)
Surgery (USMLE Required: Fourth-Year Rotations)
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Surgery AI
- Vascular Surgery