WellSpan hospitals offer a wide variety of four-week elective rotations. WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital offers 4th year elective rotations in Family Medicine. WellSpan York Hospital offers rotations in several specialties. These rotations are listed below. We do not offer two-week or split rotations, observerships or shadowing.
Medical student training at WellSpan Hospitals and clinical locations offers all the benefits of learning within a large integrated health system. Our hospitals boast clinical expertise in many areas, including stroke care, cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, trauma, obstetrics and neonatology, advanced surgical treatments, oncology, and behavioral health.
Rotations or externships at WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital (WGSH) and WellSpan York Hospital (WYH) are available only to students of an accredited U.S. medical school.
You may request a rotation from the following:
- Emergency Medicine AI (offered July through March, fourth-year students only; April through June, third-year and fourth-year students)
- Emergency Medicine Ultrasound (offered to fourth-year students)
- Family Medicine Elective - WGSH
- Family Medicine AI (offered to fourth-year students) - WYH
- Family Medicine Inpatient - WYH
- Family Medicine Inpatient & Outpatient - WYH
- Family Medicine Outpatient - WYH
- Sports Medicine Primary Care (offered to fourth-year students) - WYH
- Radiology (offered to fourth-year students; not available in May or June)
- Neonatology (completion of a general Pediatric rotation is required)
- Obstetrics/Gynecology AI (offer to fourth-year students; not available in July)
Orthopedic Surgery (COMLEX Score of 600 Required: offered July through December, fourth-year students only. January through June: open)
Surgery (USMLE Required: Fourth-Year Rotations)
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Surgery AI
- Vascular Surgery