WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital - Pharmacy
As a community hospital, WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital affords a hands-on opportunity to work side-by-side with providers to optimize pharmacotherapy. The pharmacy department has a well-established relationship with many subspecialties including the hospitalist team, critical care, and infectious disease.
Residents completing this program will experience working as a member of an interdisciplinary care team to provide cost effective, safe medication therapy. Pharmacists participate in multidisciplinary rounds on the general medical service as well as critical care service.
Clinical services provided by the Pharmacy Department include pharmacokinetic dosing and anticoagulation dosing. Along with the clinical services provided, the resident will have the opportunity to gain experience with pharmacy operations, administrative services, and precepting pharmacy students.
On the following web pages you will find descriptions of these residency programs, as well as all directions for application. Materials available include application procedures, preceptor information, current residents, program graduates, scholarly activity and a benefits summary. If you are interested in an exciting opportunity to join our team, please submit the required materials to the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS).
If you have any questions about our residency program, please contact Brandon Snyder at (717) 721-5799, or by email at email@example.com.
Interested applicants should submit the following via PHORCAS:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent
- Official pharmacy school transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation, including at least 1 from a manager/preceptor
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy
- Eligible for licensure in Pennsylvania
- Participation in NMS Match Service
- U.S Citizen
- Positions Available: 1
- NMS Code: 300613
- Application Deadline: Jan. 6, 2023
- Start Date: June 26, 2023
- Competitive stipend, benefits, PTO
- Reimbursement for Eastern States Conference, ASHP Midyear
Required Learning Experiences
- Outpatient Oncology
- Internal Medicine I
- Internal Medicine II
- Critical Care
- Sterile Product Preparation
- Infectious Disease/Antimicrobial Stewardship
Elective Learning Experiences
- Heart Failure Clinic
- Transitions of Care
- Emergency Medicine
Longitudinal Learning Experiences
- Research Project
- Drug Information
- ASHP Teaching Certificate
- BLS/ACLS Certification