Emergency Medicine Medical Education Fellowship
This one year Medical Education fellowship at WellSpan York Hospital is designed for an Emergency Medicine graduate whose goal is to become an exceptional educator. This fellowship will help you build a solid foundation to cultivate your successful career as a leader in academics.
As a medical education fellow, you will be engaged in regular educational and simulation sessions with medical students and residents. You will also enhance your bedside teaching as an attending physician in our busy, high volume, high acuity Emergency Department.
There are four key components of the medical education fellowship:
- Full access to our research center and research team
- Monthly medical education journal club
- Completion of one capstone project
- Support to attend ACEP teaching fellowship and one other national conference (i.e._ACEP, CORD, SAEM, AAEM)
- Build your academic portfolio
- Curricular design
- Learn effective lecturing techniques
- Mastering the art of small group facilitation
- Implementing gamification
- Excellence in simulation education
Bedside Teaching & Procedural Instruction
- Implement bedside teaching strategies while working with medical students and resident on shift
- Learn how to provide effective feedback
- Guide residents through procedural competencies in the ED and simulation center
Residency Program Administration Experience
- Residency leadership team meetings
- Clinical Competence Committee
- Program Evaluation Committee
- ACGME requirements
- Residency interviews/recruitment
- Mentorship of chief residents
This fellowship allows for much flexibility depending on the fellow’s area of interest within medical education and can be tailored to best support one’s individual academic niche.
- Fellows work clinically an average of 20 hrs/week in the Emergency Department at York Hospital with additional moonlighting opportunities available
- 6 weeks of scheduled time off (vacation time, CME days)
- Competitive salary/CME/benefits package
- Graduation from an ACGME-accredited residency program
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation (must include one from your program director)
Ready to apply?
Please email your application to Amber Billet, MD, FACEP, Medical Education fellowship director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Thank you for your interest!